Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving...and the Winner Is!


Hello everyone,
I've chosen the winner of my snowman painting the old-fashioned, random way - by writing everyone's name who entered on a piece of paper and drawing one out of a bowl. The winner is...drum roll please...



LV of "Thoughts From Meme's Corner!"
 
 
 
Congratulations, LV! Thanks to all who entered and for the sweet and kind comments about my painting...and thanks to those newbies who signed up to follow my blog. I really do appreciate it and hope you'll enjoy your visits here.
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American followers. I'm spending the holiday with one of my nieces's and her family (at her home) this year and I'm really looking forward to it.  I sometimes hear people say "life isn't a Norman Rockwell painting," and of course, that's true. Life can be very difficult sometimes. I don't think anyone would argue with that. But, I believe when Thanksgiving rolls around, it's the ideals of family, faith, community and love...sharing a meal and the simple things of life that Mr. Rockwell's paintings depict that everyone holds so dear. These are the very things that keep us going during those rough times. So, enjoy these Norman Rockwell paintings, and as we count our blessings, everyone have a safe and happy weekend.
 
Thanksgiving, The Saturday Evening Post, 1935
 

Freedom From Want, 1943

Thanksgiving, Mother and Son Peeling Potatoes, 1945
 
 
 Until next time,
Cindy
 


12 comments:

LV said...

Thanks ever so much. This is the best thing I have had happen in a long time. What a thrill to win this lovely piece of art. I sent you an email, and it looked like it went through If not let me know, and I will try again. A wonderful win for this senior.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Congrats to LV- yay!

Such a nifty painting, and a very lucky lady to win it!

Cin- have a great Thanksgiving, my friend. Big hugs.

Merlesworld said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
Merle......

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to LV!
I love the Norman Rockwell paintings; I'm going to go and read up some more about these.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy xo.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats to LV!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unknown said...

Norman Rockwell paintings are the best! As I was typing my post this morning you came across my mind and I wanted to be sure to stop over and say Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fur babies!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

I didn't win??? Well, ok, next time ;o) LOL! Congrats to LV ;o) I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving ;o) As long as you are with people you love, that's a blessing and a Norman Rockwell painting to me ;o) Hugs ;o)

meowmeowmans said...

Yay for LV! Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy. :)

Terra said...

Congrats to LV, and I like the paintings. They are classics.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Cindy,
I like the Norman Rockwell paintings.
Congrats to LV on her lovely win.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and please give your babies a hug and pat from me...
Have a good day
Barb from Australia

Tracey FK said...

congrats to the lucky winner and love those posters... they are stunning aren't they... thanks for sharing them and hosting such a generous give away...xx

Ellen Whyte said...

Concats to LV. We're not much for turkey but we love chicken! And cranberry sauce. And stuffing!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...