Friday, February 17, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award!



Hello Everyone,
I was graciously awarded The Versatile Blogger Award by not one - but two awesome bloggers! First, by Janice of Bluebell Woods.  Janice is a new Mum at age 65! Yes, that's correct, as she's recently become the guardian to her great-grandson, Tristen. I know she won't mind that I just told her age - as she has it posted on her blog! :) Janice and I first met on a social networking site for Baby Boomers called "Eons." So, although we've never met in person, we've known each other quite a while "virtually." We're both relatively new at blogging and I invite all my followers to visit her beautiful blog, Bluebell Woods by clicking HERE. Second, I was also awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Tracey of "Breathing English Air."  Both of these women are from England. Now, I think this is a very good sign for me - Anglophile that I am - that I will, indeed, one day visit England (a dream of mine for many, many years!) Tracey posts beautiful photos on her blog of the English countryside. To visit Tracey's blog, click HERE.

Now, here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:

1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 5 bloggers.

Seven Random Things About Me:
1. I've watched the 1998 movie, "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett over 20 times (see above info about being an Anglophile!)
2. I'm the youngest of four sisters.
3. I've lived in Ohio, California, West Virginia and Texas.
4. I'm 57 years old - for approximately another month!
5. When I was little, I wanted to fly like a bird and would practice by jumping off our front porch, flapping my arms like crazy. Thankfully, I never broke any bones in the process.
6. I've watched the soap opera "The Young and the Restless" since I was a teenager.
7. I don't have children of my own, but have 12 nieces and nephews, and I'm "great-auntie" many times over. I love being an aunt.

The bloggers I'm awarding are:
1. Hope in Every Season
2. Pat's Pink Apron
3. Pink in the City
4. Jenny's Heart
5. Two Cottages and Tea





10 comments:

Patti said...

I'm quite sure you are a wonderful aunt and that your nieces and nephews love you to pieces!

My biggest soap opera addiction was "Days of Our Lives." I watched that from 1976 to 1997. However, while Days was my biggest love, I actually watched, at one time or another, every single soap that has been on...even back to "The Edge of Night" and "The Secret Storm." (I watched those way back in the 60's when I would be at my grandmother's house.)

I do love the Young and Restless theme. I assume it is still the same song? And I'm assuming Kay Chancellor is still the resident nasty in Genoa City?

So, you are a March baby and have a birthday coming up soon. How fun!

Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Congratulations!
& Thank you so much for this award.
& Thank you for thinking of me.
Have a great day!
Pat

Barbara F. said...

Cindy, you don't look your age. I am 57 1/2 (yep, on Valentine's Day). Congrats on the award, and thanks for the intro to two new blogs to visit. Also congrats to my blogging buddy Pat at Pat's Pink Apron. xo

Jill said...

Congratulations, Cindy! Well deserved.

Queenie Believe said...

You are a beautifula nd versitile blogger!! A well deserved award, Yeah!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

ANNE said...

Congrats & it's well deserved!

Guess I'm an anglophile also, can't even count how many times I've seen Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth, or Emma with Kate Beckensale and then there's Sense & Sensibility with Emma Thompson, Jane Eyre...ok I'm not going on anymore! Love, love, love British mini-series. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the award my friend! You know, I wish they would get Victor Newman one day! LOL!

Grace said...

Sweetie thank you So very much for this award along with such fabulous blogs. You are a doll. I will definately do this during the week and link you. Thank you again. Grace xoox

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Dear Cindy,
Congratulations on your award and thank you for choosing my blog for the reward. I am really honored that you chose me. I'm sorry to say I won't be able to respond. I've no idea how to add the award sign to my blog. I'm hoping when I get home from Florida I can find someone to give me some tips on blogging, and also complete my side panel.
Again, thank you so much. I really enjoy your posts.
Nancy

Unknown said...

Thank you, Cindy, for this sweet award! I will put it on my blog right away! :)

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...