Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Color - Just Outside My Door

The weather continues to be beautiful in Northwest Ohio - warm with beautiful sunshine during the day and cool at night. I took these photos when I went out to gather some twigs for a fall display I'm making. A couple of the trees in my yard are almost bare of leaves already, while others are changing and some still green.



I'm not sure what type of plant this is with the berries, but there's lots of them along the wooded property line. Maybe someone can enlighten me! They're very pretty - whatever they are!

UPDATE: After posting this, I heard from one of the gardeners at Kingwood Center Gardens & Estate who informed me that the plant with the berries is a honeysuckle! I'd observed the wild honeysuckle growing there in the summertime, but had no idea they developed red berries in the fall, so I didn't make the connection.


More color and lots of brown, crunchy leaves!



Amid all the autumn colors, I still have a Morning Glory blooming.


Until next time, I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed week!

Linking this to Debbiedoos Newbie Party!

9 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What pretty morning glories. We've been having the same glorious warm weather here in Ontario, which I've been out enjoying as well.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Photos! Thanks for sharing.The weatherin Ky.has been beautiful too the last few days.Now Iam in Fl on fall break and it is storming,lol JoAnn

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Hi Cindy! How pretty Ohio is looking. My son will be there next weekend for band competition, and I hope it stays nice for them. Thanks for sharing your glorious pictures with the newbie party.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cindy,
It's all so beautiful! We've had gorgeous weather here, which is rare for New Orleans...Sunny and in the 80s, so I am thrilled to say the least.

I love your blog header...it's beautiful!!
XO
Cindy

Angie said...

Hi Cindy. Thank you so much for your kind words of comfort. It is so special to have sisters!

I love your photos.

Angie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Cindy
Oh the colours are glorious.
Thank you for sharing.
Wishes
Lynne

Sharon @ mrs. hines class said...

Wow! What a display of beauty. Thanks for sharing...it's a sight for sore eyes: I have some Fall color outside my door, but it's from the drought....
I've got some fake fall beauty decorating the inside...come by for a visit.

Sharon

Poppy said...

How lovingly you captured the colors of fall. And I adore the color of the morning glory... creamy white with hints of lavender... so pretty! Thanks for these beautiful pictures and for your sweet comment on my autumn tea. It is a pleasure meeting you. Have a great week!Hugs~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
I checked with Glenna at Kingwood and she said that beautiful berry plant is definitely a honeysuckle. It is probably Lonicera maackii which has its flowers and, therefore, its fruit in groups of 4. She presumed it is a shrub and not a vine. It is considered a pest shrub that probably came in with the USDA's offerings to residents in the 40's or 50's to feed the birds. It just was too successful. There are a number of the USDA's pesky shrubs out there that have taken over our world because they have no enemies here. Feel free to post any other plant questions to the Kingwood Center facebook.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...