Sunday, September 11, 2011

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button? ~

Do you remember the ages-old childhood game?

I have a love affair with buttons, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my collection with you.  I don't know what it is about buttons - I love all the colors, shapes and sizes, they're little works of art! A couple of my containers are special, too. This one is a vintage Farberware dish that I found at our annual Humane Society garage sale. It has a beautiful rose design on the hammered, aluminum cover and star-patterned glass dish divided into three sections. It holds some of my colorful glass buttons. Some are vintage, others are new but made from vintage molds. The large one on the right with the cat is one of my favorites ~ I think it would make a nice brooch or pendant.




I received this beautiful shabby chic box from Cindy Adkins' Whimsical Musings. Isn't it lovely? It's now the home for most of my white buttons. A lot of them are mother-of-pearl. For more of Cindy's fabulous creations, visit her blog HERE





Until next time, have a wonderful weekend!
Cindy

 

6 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cindy,
Oh my gosh---I LOVE your buttons!!! They are gorgeous and look so perfect in that box--WOW! I just knew that you had to have it--little did I know why!

I hope you're having a beautiful Sunday, my friend.
XO
Cindy

Mary Ellen said...

What a neat container for you buttons!

Is there a way to tell if a button is mother of pearl or not. Some I can definitely tell and then there are other buttons that I think may be MOP but am not for sure.

Cindy said...

Hi Mary Ellen, and thanks for visiting my blog! What an interesting question! I just did a little research, because like you, sometimes I can tell just by looking at the buttons, other times not. So, I found out that if you hold the button to your cheek, MOP feels "cooler" than plastic! Thanks for asking - I, too, learned something new!

Brenda said...

Those are beautiful, Cindy. It reminds me that I should get out to some estate sales. I have gone to any in a long time.

Something Special said...

Hi Cindy, I love antique and vintage buttons so much. These are beautiful buttons. Did you know about the altered altoid button floozie swap. If not, check it out at buttonfloozies.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

I love buttons too, as a child I used to play with my grandmothers collection, she kept them in a tall glass Fox's Mint Jar, it had a picture of a polar bear standing on one of the see-thru mints.

Mine are also in a tall glass sweet container, no where near as pretty as your containers, and they may get turfed out soon, I may need the jar to make some Sloe Gin..! I've got some pretty tins and boxes though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...