Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bedroom Chest of Drawers Re-do ~

I'm redecorating my bedroom in shabby chic style and was lucky to receive this little wood chest from my sister ~ free ~ so the price was right! It originally belonged to my parents and is at least 25 years old. I decided a makeover was in order. Here it is before:


...and here it is after!

I found the pink crystal knobs at Hobby Lobby - marked down to $2.00 each!


So, for a quart of paint and $12.00 for hardware, I got this!


On top of the chest, I have a crystal vase that belonged to my grandmother, filled with dried hydrangeas from my sister, Sandi's garden. The little yellow bowl is Fiestaware, given to me by my sister, Paula. It's filled with seashells and a Carolee pearl necklace that was given to me by my good friend, Sheila! I love being surrounded by things given to me by loved ones, which only adds to the comfort of my bedroom.  




I'm very happy with my "new" piece of furniture!


The paint I used is Table Linen White, available at Wal Mart.
Until next time, have a wonderful week!

Linking this to the following parties: 
                                Shabby Chic Girls' Club
                         Amaze Me Monday
                                Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
                        White Wednesday


4 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Stopping by from Cindy's Oh La La Link Party. Love the drawer pulls and the flowers are lovely.

Cindy said...

Thank you, 2amscrapper! So glad you stopped by.

Jenny said...

This looks great -- I love it!

Come by for a visit if you have time

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Lissa said...

Love how this turned out! So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...