I thought this would be a perfect post to link to "Pink Saturday!" To see other pink posts, just click on the following link to How Sweet the Sound!
The Tablescape - Pink & Green Theme
Flowers...lots of flowers
Cucumber Sandwiches, crusts removed
...and of course, lots of tea in pretty pink & green tea cups!
Mini Quiche Recipe:
2 sheets store-bought pie crust
6 slices bacon, diced
1 onion, finely diced
1 cup cream
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the onion and bacon over a low heat until the onion is softened. Allow to cool.
- Mix together with the eggs, cream, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Unroll pie pastry, dust with flour and roll with rolling pin until it's increased in size by about a third. Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut 12 circles from each pastry sheet. Place these in a mini muffin tin.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the mixture in each pastry base.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until puffed, golden and set.