Thursday, July 7, 2011

For Max 2008 - 2011


My niece and nephew's dog, Max, died suddenly yesterday morning. My niece's 11-year-old son, Nate, said it was "shocking" and it was because we'd just been at their home on the 4th of July for a celebration and Max seemed just fine then. But, today I don't want to write about his death -I want to write about his short, but sweet, life. His spirit was infectious. I like to remember how when he'd see me, he'd get so excited he'd jump straight up into my arms! Max spread a lot of joy in his short life. That's what pets do - give joy and unconditional love. Animals touch me on such a deep level, it's difficult for me to put into words, so I look to others' words for comfort. Goodbye, sweet Max...never forgotten.

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."  ~ Martin Buber

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~Ben Williams

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...